You can find all my lessons at http://www.spanishfreelessonsonline.com/list-lessons/ or at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v8J281hMF2oE&listPLKQEL9j11yiUQ5SWdkc6ZT6A1NRoaskst
Spanish phrases that use Possessive Adjectives
This lesson complements our previous lesson (Lesson 23: Spanish Possessive Pronouns). So, if you still haven't I strongly recommend that you watch that one first.
Since I assume that you have already watched Lesson 23, I wont explain Possessive Adjectives and Possessive pronouns again. Instead, I will focus more on showing you a few simple Spanish phrases using the Spanish Possessive Adjectives that we have learnt in our previous lesson:
- Mi camisa blanca - My white shirt
- Mi camisa es blanca - My shirt is white
- Tu auto nuevo - Your new car
- Tu auto es nuevo - Your car is new
- Su casa grande - His/her/its/your (formal) big house
- Su casa es grande - His/her/its/your (formal) house is big
- Nuestros pantalones cortos - Our short trousers (shorts)
- Nuestros pantalones son cortos - Our trousers are short
- Vuestros libros viejos - Your (plural) old books
- Vuestros libros son viejos - Your (plural) books are old
("Vosotros" is the subject pronouns that is used in Spain for "you" plural. "Vuestro" is its corresponding possessive adjective)
- Sus zapatos rotos - Your (plural) broken shoes
- Sus zapatos están rotos - Your (plural) shoes are broken
("Ustedes" is the subject pronoun that is used in Latin America. "Su" is its corresponding possessive adjective. But "su" is also used to mean "their")
- Sus calcetines azules - Their blue socks
- Sus calcetines son azules - Their socks are blue
Don't forget to comment or ask if you have any questions. I try not to leave any questions or doubts unanswered.
Also, I recommend all my students that follow my online courses to do the exams that I upload to my website. The topic of this lesson (Spanish phrases using Possessive Adjectives) is included in Spanish Quiz Nbr. 4 (lessons 20 - 26).
To enlarge the video-screen to full-screen size, click on the icon on the lower right corner of the video.