Text version of the video
Healthy diet is very important both for the body and mind. If you like Aarvi Kitchen recipes, please support by sharing, subscribing and liking our YouTube channel. Hope you can help.
All ASP .NET Text Articles
All ASP .NET Slides
All Dot Net and SQL Server Tutorials in English
All Dot Net and SQL Server Tutorials in Arabic
In asp.net video series, in parts 104 to 111, we have discussed about asp.net user controls. Use the link below to find parts 104 to 111, from asp.net video tutorial
In this video we will discuss about, asp.net composite custom controls. Unlike UserControls, Composite controls are created completely in code. In the next few videos we will be creating a composite custom calendar control. In parts 104 to 111, we have discussed about achieving the same, by building asp.net CalendarUserControl.
The custom calendar control should be capable of doing the following
1. When the user clicks on the calendar image button, the calendar should be visible.
2. Once the user selects a date, from the calendar control, the textbox should be populated with the selected date, and the calendar should become invisible.
1. To get started open visual studio
2. File - New Project
3. In the "New Project" dialog box, select "Web" from "Installed Templates".
4. Select "ASP.NET Server Control"
5. Type "CustomControls" in the "Name" text box
6. Choose C:\ as the location and click "OK"
At this point "CustomControls" project should be created. In the solution explorer rename "ServerControl1.cs" file to "CustomCalendar.cs". Click "Yes" on the message you get.
For code samples used in the demo, please check the link below from my blog
At this point we are done, building the composite custom control. However, there will be several problems with this control. In the upcoming videos, we will discuss about solving the problems one by one. In our next video session, we will discuss about using this composite custom control in an asp.net web application.